做好准备. 参与. 有所作为. Embrace and enjoy your world.
在凯时登录, we are committed to providing students with a solid foundation for career and professional success. 凯时登录 is proud to say that 96% of graduates are successful in their chosen path, whether that be graduate school, 军事, 就业, 服务, 或以其他方式. (based on a 2019-2020 post-graduate survey).
By combining classroom learning with co-curricular experiences, we help students develop an ethos of real-world commitment. 学生事务 team members work closely with students to guide them in areas including civic engagement and citizenship, 职业准备, 大学生参与, 社区参与. Our goal with every student is to:
- Emphasize the importance of developing and following a pathway for career and professional development;
- Promote and recognize active engagement on campus, 在我们当地的社区, 我们的国家和世界;
- Recognize and affirm efforts to develop habits of leadership, 参与, 服务 and citizenship while acting locally or globally to improve our communities;
- Facilitate students’ personal and professional development by augmenting or supplementing classroom learning with rich out-of-class experiences;
- Track and document students’ growth and development throughout college life;
- Build awareness of the importance of positive action -- beginning with the self and extending to the campus, our community and our world;
- Enhance prospects for success in an increasingly competitive world as the student presents prospective employers or graduate schools with a record of his/her accomplishments.
凯时登录 provides students with a coherent and manageable way to navigate the collegiate experience, which extends learning beyond the traditional classroom walls.
学生 who fully engage in the opportunities available to them will be able to confidently articulate their out-of-class experiences to prospective employers and graduate schools, and demonstrate that they have become well-rounded and marketable.
Working closely with members of the 学生事务 team reinforces, 认识到, and affirms efforts to develop habits of leadership, 参与, 服务, and citizenship while acting locally or globally to improve our communities.
- 领导 There is a strong expectation that the student will exhibit habits of leadership, 包括好奇心, 创造力, 判断, 的决心, 和完整性. 作为一个新兴的领导者, the student will demonstrate ability to motivate and enable others to achieve common goals.
- 参与 The program prizes 参与 of an intense, sustained, or frequent nature. The students will not be by-standers-- not in their own lives, nor in the affairs of our community and our world. They must take an active part in shaping his/her personal development as well as in participating on campus, 在社区里, 在我们的世界里.
- 服务 The ability to give one’s time and talents to a common cause is especially valued in the Real World Action Program. 因此, the student is urged to demonstrate a spirit of 服务 as well as an appreciation of the importance of 服务 on campus and beyond.
- 公民身份 Using one’s voice to improve quality of life in a community or support an important issue or topic is a responsibility of everyone. Through active civic engagement, you accept responsibility as a member of a community and become versed in issues, 资源, and local and national elections.