凯时登录’s 授权服务 Office aids in soliciting funding for approved projects by both faculty and staff, and insures compliance with University guidelines 政府erning grant-seeking and grants administration.
The University provides resources and searchable databases to help identify potential funders and make the best case for a project, which could range from support for personal research, designing an undergraduate research program, and developing new curriculum.
Pitt Internal Funding Sources
University of Pittsburgh Central Research and Development Fund
- Seed funding to develop ideas to the point where external funding can be obtained;
- Awards in research areas where external funding is extremely limited.
For more information, check the Central Research and Development Fund.
University of Pittsburgh Innovations in 教育 Awards
In support of its ongoing mission to further strengthen the role of teaching at the University of Pittsburgh, the Provost's Advisory Council on Instructional Excellence annually invites proposals from University faculty for projects that:
- Enhance teaching at the University of Pittsburgh
- Foster new instructional approaches that represent advances over existing approaches
- Can be adaptable in other instructional settings
- Foster collaboration among faculty from different departments, 单位, and campuses on the development of innovative approaches to teaching
- Develop innovative course materials
- Create significant curricular improvement
凯时登录 Faculty Support Stipends
The Faculty Resource Center provides support for faculty development in teaching excellence, 教育学, 和评估. Stipends are available to assist faculty in the following areas:
- Developing course materials using technology
- Developing course outcomes and the assessment activities to measure those outcomes
- 准备提案, especially interdisciplinary proposals, which address a full range of academic interests at 凯时登录.
Stipends are available from $2,000 to $5,000, depending on the expected size and complexity of the project and subsequent grant proposal, and will be paid upon completion of the project.
Once you have an idea for a project, the next step is identifying where you'll go to find the funding. Many 政府ernment agencies fund research and educational projects. Private and corporate foundations also fund research and education projects.
Grant funding websites available from the University of Pittsburgh’s Office of Research.
Sites available to the general public
- 奖助金.政府 is the source to FIND and APPLY for Federal 政府ernment grants. You can register to have email alerts notifying you about grants in numerous categories.
- Online resource of NYC-based 基金会中心; Carnegie Library in Oakland has a mini-基金会中心. Easy access to basic information, 联系人, financials of most individual private foundations and their IRS Form 990s.
- 目录 of Pennsylvania Foundations